I just finished my current sewing project. First time using this pattern Vogue 8817 Katherine Tilton. The chosen fabric has a beautiful drape but really tricky to sew and causing me some grief with skipped stitches until I finally found the right combination of finer needle and thread.
I didn’t read the pattern properly and missed cutting out the back yolk and ran out of fabric. Oops. Decided to use strips instead, which resulted in a draped, exposed back feature.
Then, despite trying very hard to finish the neckline without stretching…..it stretched!
Rather than giving up, only because I love the fabric colour and drape, I again decided to make it a feature rather than a fault and added a small panel as it was a little too revealing for my taste and beading to disguise the stretched binding.
I am very pleased with the final result and look forward to wearing it.
Posted by Cora.